I feel like life in America opened up a bit today. Today, for the first time ever, I think we who live in America, especially as minorities can now say that anyone can at least RUN to be president of the United States.
No matter who wins, history will be made on either side, and that's pretty cool in and of itself. I think Palin and Obama prove several things:
- Race and Gender can no longer be a limiting factor in deciding a runningmate or nominating a presidential candidate
- America IS ready for a woman and black president, so please stop asking
- As a Black Woman, I am encouraged that I will be represented a bit on both sides at least superficially, although I am much more interested about policy, hence my vote for Obama
- You don't have to be in Washington or in politics long to hope to be president
- You don't have to be really old either
So, today you really can tell that little minority kid or little girl that they too can be POTUS (President of the United States)